Monday 20 April 2015

A bit about me

I have always been an artist, I love painting, making and creating things. In 2012 I was able to take a sabbatical from work and I started to paint.

So I set up a studio.


New brushes!
New easel
Bare walls

 I exhibited some paintings in a few local outlets

In the lovely gallery at Kirkton Woodland and Heritage Group 
Now known as Made in Lochcarron

And at the wonderful Waterside Cafe


I made some cards and prints too and put them in some local outlets, and painted some pots and other decorative items to see whether I would sell anything and it went well.






So I painted more things and sold more widely, I even had a small exhibition at Portree Library.




And at the Howard Doris Centre



 I sold a few bits and bobs and more than covered my costs and had a great deal of fun and despite selling quite a lot, my walls are a lot fuller now




So this year I decided to do a little more.  I've spoken to some other outlets (more about that soon) booked some events, joined an artist collective Made in Lochcarron and I'm volunteering as a tutor at the Howard Doris Centre.  




I've painted some signs for a friend, 'Ionmhas'  means treasures in English
 



I've been invited to sell some of my painted pots, cards and paintings at the wonderful Patterns of Light






I was also invited to be part of the rather fabby South West Ross Arts and Eats brochure 

This is my stall at Made in Lochcarron 

 

There will be more info to come but in the meantime you can click on one of the links below
to find out more about me and my work
My shop on Redbubble
 Facebook

Twitter
Pinterest








No comments:

Post a Comment